The first Staff Appreciation Week at Texas A&M was a BIG success!
- About 700 employees visited our two “Celebrating Staff” events at Rudder Plaza on March 5 & 6.
- Over 9,000 entries were made in the online drawings!
- An additional 1,000 entries were made for prize drawings at the Rudder Plaza events and the President's Meritorious Service Awards program.
- 118 prizes awarded + 100s of give-away items at the “Celebrating Staff” events. Thank you to our sponsors.
- Dozens of departments submitted photos and emails about their internal staff appreciation events or recognition. Many hosted daily events.
- We heard from many staff who were so thankful to the University Staff Council and Human Resources for hosting this recognition!
- View photos and videos here!
The University Staff Council (USC) stated mission is to represent the interests of and address the issues impacting both classified and non-classified staff employees under the leadership of the Texas A&M University President.
The council will provide a voice and integrate staff perspective by:
- Acting as a conduit for two-way communication between staff and administration.
- Engaging staff and bringing their interests before the administration.
- Identifying university issues and their impact on staff.
- Exploring and researching possible solutions.
- Providing options and recommendations to the President.
- Interacting with other councils.
The University Staff Council will not act in an advocacy role in any specific employee/employer policy matter or dispute within the University, nor will it assume the role of arbitrator in any such matter. Employees are encouraged to work directly with their supervisor or management personnel, or their appropriate Human Resources office, if issues are specific to their personal situation. Employees submitting inquiries to this website should be aware that an inquiry will be reviewed by a subcommittee of the University Staff Council for response.
April 16, 2014
The deadline to apply for Fall 2014 and Spring 2015 Staff Scholarships is May 31, 2014.
March 3, 2014
Learn about March 3-7 "Celebrating Staff!" - Staff Appreciation Week HERE!
November 5, 2013
The University Staff Council is pleased to invite Texas A&M University staff to an open forum with Mr. John Sharp, Chancellor of the Texas A&M University System. The Forum will take place from 10:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. in Rudder Theater.
Staff unable to attend the meeting in person may join us via live webcast on the TTVN web site webcast page at http://ttvn.tamus.edu/webcasts Channel 20. A recorded version will also be available for future viewing on the USC webpage. The live webcast and recording will both be available in a Windows Media format. Technical support during the live webcast will be available from TTVN Video Operations at (979) 862-2241.
June 21, 2013
The University Staff Council invites all University Staff to attend an open forum with Dr. Bowen Loftin, President of Texas A&M University on June 21st, 2013 in the Rudder Theater at 1:30 pm. The theme for the forum is University Moving Forward. We encourage your participation and hope to see you there. If you have a question you would like to submit for Dr. Loftin, please send it in an email message to email@example.com. If you are unable to attend in person, there will be a link to streaming video on the University Staff Council website at http://ttvn.tamus.edu/webcasts on Channel 20.
April 16, 2013
The deadline to apply for Fall 2013 and Spring 2014 Staff Scholarships is May 31, 2013.
Questions and feedback may be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Human Resources Department For links to employment benefits, policies and services.
Transportation Services For information on parking and transit services.
Single Sign On For resources requiring logon authentication.
Howdy Portal for access to web services for applications, students, faculty, and staff.
Employee & Organizational Development For resources, training and programs to enhance our staff.
Click Here for information on how university holidays are determined and scheduled.