Staff Emergency Fund
Created to help members of the Aggie Family in need, the Staff Emergency Fund (SEF) provides limited financial assistance --- up to $500 --- to staff members of Texas A&M University who are experiencing a temporary hardship due to a significant life event.
The SEF is possible thanks to the support of the Texas A&M University President, the Texas A&M Foundation, the efforts of the Texas A&M University Staff Council, and your generous donations.
The SEF is dependent upon donations to provide assistance. Your contribution is critical!
For assistance with hurricane related needs, we encouragre you to visit the University Disaster Relief Fund.
How Your Donation Will Help
We have all experienced a sudden or unexpected expense that can create both emotional and financial obstacles. The SEF will help Texas A&M Staff members who are unable to make ends meet during a difficult time. By supporting the SEF, you can help make a difference, when help is needed most.
$10, $15, or even $20 can make a difference and all donations are tax-deductible. Please consider a donation today.
Ways to Donate
- Complete the pledge form and submit with a personal check.
- Online through the Texas A&M Foundation website (minimum $25 donation). Staff Emergency Fund is listed under TAMU Administration.
- Automatic payroll deduction by enrolling in the Lead by Example campaign; use A&M Foundation code 996.
To apply to the Staff Emergency Fund, all applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Applicants must be in an active, benefit- eligible, non-faculty, university staff position.
- Applicants must have at least one year continuous employment as a Texas A&M staff.
- Applicants must not have received a SEF grant within the past two years.
- Applicants must have experienced a temporary financial hardship to be awarded funds.
- Applicants must not be an active member of the University Staff Council.
*A temporary financial hardship is one caused by a defined, time-limited, specific event including, but not limited to:
- death of a family member
- natural disaster (fire/flooding/tornado/hurricane, etc.)
- serious illness/critical injury
Emergency funding is not guaranteed and is based on demonstrated need, short-term nature of the financial hardship, committee approval, and available funds.
Given the limited amount of funds, all requests cannot be approved even though there may be a clear need for assistance. This fund may be insufficient in the case of widespread disasters, community crisis, or war/terrorism.
To apply for funds from the SEF, applicants must:
- Complete and print the application, then sign and date to verify that the information is valid and accurate.
- Information provided by applicants will be treated as confidential and shared only with individuals directly involved in award administration.
- Provide as much detail as possible when completing the application and provide supporting documentation for the financial hardship.
- Suggested documentation may include: death certificate, copy of invoice/bill/receipt, letter from a doctor on letterhead, police or fire report, or any other information the applicant believes may be necessary to thoroughly evaluate the request. Any information provided is voluntary, and the applicant releases the information for review by the SEF Committee.
- Submit completed application and supporting documentation for the financial hardship by clicking the Application button below. Applications can also be submitted in the following ways:
- by mail to Texas A&M University Staff Council; ATTN: SEF Committee; 1358 TAMU; College Station, Texas 77843-1358
- via Filex to firstname.lastname@example.org
- delivered in person to the General Services Complex, 750 Agronomy Road, Suite 1201, Attn: Rose Berryhill.
- E-mail is not a secure delivery method; therefore, e-mailed applications will not be accepted.
- Applicants may be contacted by the SEF Committee for additional information and/or missing documentation, which may delay approval of funding.
- Applicants will be notified in writing of the SEF Committee's decision.
- In almost all situations, applicants will be notified of the SEF Committee's decision within ten working days of receiving all necessary and required information.
- If an application is funded, the employee will be contacted when a check is available for pickup. A valid picture ID will be required at the time of pickup.
Please use Internet Explorer to access the application.
Community Emergency Services
"2-1-1 Get Connected. Get Answers." is a free and confidential service that helps people across North America find the local resources they need. The site is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. www.211.org/